Join the Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health (ICAH) at Hoyleton Youth and Family Services for a FREE professional development training on “Title IX: Supporting the Safety and Success of All Youth in School” in southern Illinois. The training will be held on Wednesday, April 12 from 9am-12pm at the administration office of Hoyleton Youth and Family Services, located at 8 Executive Drive, Suite 200, Fairview Heights, IL 62208. Breakfast will be provided!
We will explore the rights that young people have in schools under Title IX, the federal civil rights law that works to ensure the safety and academic success of all students by prohibiting sex discrimination in education, specifically for LGBTQQIA+ students, pregnant and parenting youth, and survivors of sexual assault. Participants will learn what the rights under Title IX are, how it works under different administrations, and practice advocating for your student’s rights all while combating shame and stigma.
- Define gender-based discrimination
- Review Title IX law
- Describe legal rights of all youth in school under Title IX
- Understand how different presidential administrations have provided Title IX guidance
- Practice advocating for educational rights on behalf of all students
- Review the complaint process for Title IX
8 Executive Dr
Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Google map and directions